Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bar

It dawned on me today that although I put these pictures on Facebook, I did not include them in the blog as I meant to.

In May, A.J. and I bought our first piece of Japanese "furniture"; a bar. We had no intention of buying anything this early on in our time here, and our original plan for the bar was to shop, and then have one custom made before we left. However, we found this one at a bazaar, fell in love with it, and decided to buy it.

When you open up the whole piece, this is what both sides look like.



As you can see, the inside is equipped for wine glasses, liquor bottles and wine bottles. It holds a lot! I even discovered that the bottle racks in the middle are slightly slanted in the back so the bottle tips up; preventing them from leaking. Very clever!


The top is in-laid with green marble and then lacquered over for protection.

Each panel represents a different season in Japan.





We love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment