Thursday, April 7, 2011


I have been trying to update our blog since I arrived back in the states. I just didn't really know what to write...

I came home 2 weeks ago under the Military Assisted Departure from Japan on a commercial flight out of Narita airport in Tokyo. As I was confirming the seat for my flight, an earthquake hit; just the last little push I needed to ease my mind and remind me that the decision to leave was the right one for me!

When I came home it had been less than 2 weeks since the earthquake had hit. But it felt like it had been an eternity! The fear of the unknown can really take a toll on you; something that I learned during this experience. I slept for 14 hours the first night I was here and when I woke up, it dawned on me how stressed I had been and how much sleep I really hadn't been getting!

So, here we are... 2 weeks later and I don't any more than I did when I left. We were given 30 days by the government when we left Japan. 30 days to stay in the U.S. and wait for an extension or to be given the go ahead to go back. That's what I have been doing...waiting. Everyday I hear a different rumor, some from the military side, some from the education side. None of us have any idea how long we may be here, so we wait!

There have been some bright spots in all the chaos though! Next week I am headed to Va. Beach to spend some time with my best friend and her adorable son! Aunt Lauren hasn't seen him enough! And if we get the extension, I will be spending a few days in San Diego with A.J. He has been scheduled to come to the states for some schooling since the beginning of the year and the military has decided to stick with that plan. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out! If I don't get to go out there, I have no idea when I will see him again. Really just more of the unknown, but that has become a way of life now. We just roll with the punches!

That's pretty much where we're at. A.J. is in Guam with his squadron. He continues to fly but is in the same boat as myself...just waiting to hear when we can go back and what his schedule might be in the coming months. I guess we'll see what happens!

Keep an eye out for some more posts, I will keep everyone updated here as we move forward in the unknown!