Sunday, November 4, 2012

Canyoning

A few weeks ago I got to partake in one of the coolest things I have ever done! It was definitely an experience I will never forget. 7 of us girls went on a canyoning trip. Now, I won't lie and tell you that I knew exactly what I was getting myself in to when I said I wanted to go on this trip. In fact, I was completely clueless (although, I didn't know that I was completely clueless until we got there). I thought we were going to slide down some natural water slides.... and we did, sort of. Canyoning involves a lot of sliding and jumping off of things into water. Some of the jumps were really high, some weren't so bad. The entire thing was a blast! Our two guides took photos and videos the whole way through, which I was quite thankful for. I was so glad to have so much to take home...and proof that I did all of this to show my husband. ;-) 

                                             Getting used to the water before we started.


                                                           Here we go! Floating away!


 Sitting on a waterfall. We are making the "fox sign" because the canyon we went through was called Fox Canyon.


Of course, my photo here was the only one that came out blurry, but this was the "big" part of the trip. It was the highest waterfall we went over. We got lowered part of the way down and then let go to slide the rest of the way.


Our whole group at the end of the day. 7 of us girls, the Japanese couple that was with us and one of guides, Guy, who was from Wales!

Check out the next post for videos from this day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment